The American Chocolate Chip Cookie was invented by a lady Ruth Wakefield. She was Butter Drop Do cookies, preparing and noticed that she had no bakers chocolate and took a piece of chocolate that Nestle cut them into small pieces. Bakers chocolate melts completely, but the chopped chocolate into small pieces sat in the dough, and so was born the cookie.
Ruth Wakefield Nestle chocolate was used for this recipe she made an agreement with Nestle. She would give her life to get free chocolate and Nestle could print her recipe for the cookie on their packaging.
- 550 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams of butter (from refrigerator)
- 180 grams of sugar
- 180 grams of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 350 grams of dark chocolate into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the baking powder and salt. Whisk in a large bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Feed the eggs one by one, and klp mixture tightly after each egg. Then add the flour little by little. Finally add the chocolate chips to, here in America the chocolate chips in the supermarket sold in bags if they are not yet available, use the old way and chop a bar of chocolate into pieces.
- Circles of dough with a spoon on a non-stick baking sheet (it should not be greased) Allow enough space between each pile of dough for what they are running out during baking.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until nicely golden brown remove the cookies from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet, then place them on cooling racks and let cool completely.
Variations on the classic Chocolate Chip Cookie
- For a variation on this recipe you can also add pieces of hazelnut, almonds or pistachios (this is currently the macadamia nut very popular in recipes) or chocolate chips replace mini M & Mâ€™s
- Also very popular is the dough is poured into a smaller bowl so that it forms one large rectangle of 1.5 to 2 cm thick and immediately when the dough from the oven with sharp pointed knife cut into strips, for example, 8 cm by 2 cm or you get what they call cookie bars.
- Enthusiast with the children, Bake chocolate chip cookies bigger than normal, let them cool down, take two cookies and tighten the bottom to the top, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and cover with another cookie. Press lightly so that the ice divides between the two cookies. Success is guaranteed.