Visa for America

Want to go to America? Then you will need to have a visa. There are many different visas available, such as a visa for a temporary visit, which is controlled by the visa waiver program. Are you going to live in the United States, working or studying? Then there is again required. Quite a different visa Want to stay permanently in America? Then you need. Greencard a visa.


  • Visit America
  • Immigration service of the United States
  • Rules passport when traveling to USA
  • Visa Waiver Program for temporary stay in America
  • Visa for studying in America
  • Visa for temporary work in USA
  • Permanent work in the United States
  • Greencard immigration to America

Visit America

The control of the U.S. immigration service has become much stricter in recent years. This mainly has to do with the September 11 attacks in 2001 and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. In recent years, U.S. law regularly updated. To avoid the risk of a terrorist attack in America, it was decided that everyone who visits the United States must get through a visa. Permission first for a long stay, such as living, working or studying in the USA, you need a visa.

Immigration Service of the United States

The immigration of America always decides whether you get a visa to enter the country. Immigration in the United States called “U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ abbreviated to USCIS.

Rules passport when traveling to USA

If you decide to travel to America, it is mandatory that you possess a valid passport. As long as you’re in America, must have a passport valid date. For safety, it is better to make sure that your passport is valid for at least three months validity after departure. Should you unexpectedly stay longer in the United States, you have at least a valid passport. Upon check verifies that your passport is valid for long enough. If your passport has expired, or you do not have a passport with you, you do not like the flight. If you decide to live in America, you will also need a U.S. passport.

Visa Waiver Program for temporary stay in America

Since January 12, 2009, it is possible for some countries to participate in the Visa Waiver Program. With this program you can get a visa for a temporary stay in America. The people who have ever been convicted of drug trafficking and war crimes cannot use the Visa Waiver Program. They must obtain a visa from the American consulate.

The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA Also called) will now be used to apply for a visa. This is replacing the green form (I-94W form) that was distributed. Earlier in the plane ESTA is a secure Web site that contains a form you need to fill in when you go to America. It is recommended to do this. Earliest possible this should in any case at least 72 hours before departure, because 72 hours is the maximum time to obtain an approval. Anyone who wants in America must complete this form. The visa is intended for short visits to America. This visit should last no longer than 90 days. Also, the visa only meant for vacations and business trips.

ESTA is no longer free. As of September 8, 2010 anyone who makes a request for ESTA to pay $ 14 for here with the credit card.

ESTA is mandatory for all VWP travelers who go to America by plane or boat. Even if the United States is used as a switch, only needs to be completed. Form The visa is valid for a period of two years and the adoption of ESTA may be used during this period. Several times!

The approval of ESTA is not a guarantee to actually allow the country. At the airport can still be otherwise decided by the Customs and revoke your visa.

Countries participating in the ESTA program
People who have resident in the following countries and also a passport of that country, must use the Visa Waiver Program ESTA use:

Andorra Finland Latvia Norway Slovakia
Australia France Liechtenstein Austria Spain
Belgium Hungary Lithuania Portugal Czech Republic
Brunei Ireland Luxembourg Malta United Kingdom
Iceland Monaco San Marino South Korea Denmark
Germany Italy Netherlands Singapore Sweden
Estonia Japan New Zealand Slovenia Switzerland
Greece Taiwan


Visa for studying in America

Would like to study for a year in America, for example, a high school or college. Many young people there are also people who want to follow because they can apply. As a student, you can enroll in a particular school in America or in a program that provides education and courses. There are certain conditions you must meet if you want to study in America. To Instance, you must have sufficient financial resources to be able to spend time. By usually, it is indeed forbidden alongside your studies yet to work in the United States. This has to do with the rules of your visa. If you meet all of the criteria approved by USCIS your stay. You get a visa and should you study to follow. The visa you cannot work in America.
There are several websites that can help you with your visa and apply for a school. For example you can study through various programs.

Visa for temporary work in USA

It is possible that U.S. employers to hire people from abroad. Often this is a temporary job and usually there are only certain professions that are eligible to receive. Temporary job in America For a temporary job in America, you need a visa. These professions change each year and can be found on the USCIS website.

Permanent work in the United States

Sometimes you can qualify for permanent residence and work permit. This may have to do with your work. You will need a visa. The USCIS must approve an immigrant petition; it is normally requested by your employer in America. Your employer must apply for a work certificate from the Ministry of Labor in America. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs must then issue a visa number. You’ll have to wait until you have received the visa number. It is for people who have worked with the following preferences to America because of a job:

First Preferred Preferred Workers; people with extraordinary abilities
Second choice People with advanced degrees and special skills
Third Preference Trained professionals
Fourth Preference Some people who have a religious role
Fifth preferred People who have jobs sheep


Greencard immigration to America

The visa that you need if you want to live in America is a Greencard. There are three steps required to get the Greencard:

  1. The USCIS must approve your request
  2. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, you must assign a visa number
  3. You must submit a request to switch to “permanent resident.” The status of your visa number

There is a limited number of visa numbers each year may be issued. Even if the USCIS has approved your application, there is still a chance that you will get a visa number. This can sometimes take years to get a Greencard. Also, the number of visa numbers per country limits. If you come from a country where many people want to go to America, it will be harder to obtain your visa. The immediate relatives of U.S. citizens do not have to wait for a visa number is available for them. In these cases there is an immediate visa number available.

Visa lottery
Each year, 50,000 additional visa numbers available and put in a so-called visa lottery. This lottery is available only to people with low levels of immigration to the United States. Countries with more than 50,000 people have moved in the last five years come to America not eligible. To join, you must pay a fee of $ 50. Doing the last few years, more than 9 million people participate in the visa lottery. The winners will be drawn at random for a visa.

About the Author