Disappeared some images that had caught the moment when two senior officers of the Secret Service impacting a barricade of the White House.
The acting director of the agency, Joseph Clancy, said it is investigating the incident and that it is usual for those videos to be deleted 72 hours after being recorded.
The official launched an offensive in Congress against news reports that two police officer crashed a car into a security barrier at the White House after a night of drinking earlier this month.
“The reports of a crash are not true, there was no shock,” says Joseph Clancy in a text prepared for a hearing Thursday before a panel of the Senate Appropriations Committee.
The AP obtained a copy of the text prepared by Clancy before the hearing on Capitol Hill.
“The video shows the vehicle entering the White House complex at a rate of between 1.6 and 3 miles per hour, and siding a plastic barrier. The vehicle was not damaged,” the statement said.
Earlier this month, the Washington Post reported that two senior officers crashed his official car into a security barrier at the White House after a night of drinking on March 4.
The newspaper first reported that during the incident the agents may have passed over an object suspected was a bomb. The newspaper later clarified that the vehicle could have happened near the object, not above.
The text prepared for Thursday’s hearing was much stronger.
Although he denied reports the crash, is expected to Clancy reiterated their concerns that took five days to learn of the incident.
“The fact that this claim did not meet until five days after it was said that happened is unacceptable,” the director said in the text.
Clancy plans to repeat an earlier promise to implement the security measures necessary if an investigation by the inspector general of the Department of Homeland Security concluded that the officers had drunk alcohol before the incident, or if someone tried to cover up the facts.
A few days ago CNN said the agents identified as Mark Connolly and George Ogilvie, no vehicle collided against a metal barrier as initially reported, nor have been attempts to check both a field sobriety test.
The incident collection notoriety not only for being the latest features in the series of scandals that have plagued the agency in recent years, but because Connolly was the second officer in command of the security force that is responsible for the protection of President Barack Obama.
In an appearance earlier this week before a panel of the Committee on Appropriations of the House, Clancy said he had not “seen nothing to indicate that the incident occurred as reported.”
In 2011 more than a dozen agents were repressed and dismissed after be known that brought prostitutes to their hotel rooms in Cartagena Colombia, on the eve of the arrival of Obama to the Summit of the Americas.
The agents would departed before with women in a nightclub where they drank alcohol, and then took them to the hotel, the same one where the president stayed.
Last September, Spanish war veteran, Omar Gonzalez, jumped the fence and could reach the ballroom of the White House, after finding the front porch unattended or safe.
Shortly after it was revealed that month a gunman was in the same elevator that President Obama during the visit he paid to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia.
To this the revelation that in November 2011, another Hispanic fired a semiautomatic rifle to the south of the residence while Sasha facade, the youngest daughter of Obama added, was inside, without the Secret Service noticing it until a day later.
The series of scandals eventually led to the resignation of the director of the Secret Service, Julia Pierson, who had previously made history by oath as the first woman to head the agency since its inception.