As every year, the consultant in IT, Gartner, has analyzed the top 10 technology trends for 2015.
These have been subsumed into three blocks: the fusion of real and virtual worlds, the arrival of intelligence everywhere, and the impact of IT in the development of digital business.
1. Diversity of mobile devices. The first trend is related to smart mobile devices. If this technologycontinues to grow Gartner predicts more emphasis on meeting the needs of mobile users in different contexts and environments, rather than focus is on mobile devices. In this context the user experience will be a key point and companies will have to adapt to these new demands of different access (smart displays devices of different shapes, sizes, and styles of online interaction)
2. Expansion of the Internet of things. The Internet of Things will continue to grow. The computer is no longer the only gateway to the Internet there are many devices and other objects (cars, televisions, etc.) connected to the Internet. The challenge is that companies see the potential of this trend and think what new services and information can provide the consumer through these new media. Companies should use the four basic models use from the digitization of all management, monetization, operation and extension.
3. 3D printing. It is expected that global sales of 3D printers grow 98% next year and to double in 2016. Its industrial use is growing rapidly and expands significantly. In the food sector there are companies that are using this technology.
Certainly, 3D printing is a real, viable and profitable to reduce costs through better design, prototyping and agile manufacturing in the short-medium term.
4. Advanced, pervasive and invisible Analytics. With the growth of Internet of Things and integrated technological devices will increase the creation of large volumes of structured and unstructured data. As a result, analytical technologies will be integrated invisibly in all applications. Gartner highlighted in this list that companies have to deal with managing these vast amounts of data and provide the right information to the right people at the right time. The value will be in the answers and not the data.
5. context-aware systems security. The combined integrated intelligence system generalized analysis drive the development of security systems sensitive to the environment. Although an early trend, Gartner analysts said the appearances of other conditions are created.
6. Intelligent machines. The deep analysis applied to the understanding of the environment provides the preconditions for a world of intelligent machines. The creations of advanced algorithms allow systems to understand their environment, learn by themselves and act autonomously. As an example prototype autonomous vehicles, advanced robots, virtual personal assistants, smart advisors, etc. The age of intelligent machines has arrived.
7. In the cloud / client computing. The merger of the cloud and mobile computing will continue to promote the growth of centrally coordinated applications that can be delivered to any device.
8. Applications and infrastructure defined by software. The software networking, storage, data center and security are evolving. According to experts, agile programming, from basic infrastructure to applications enables organizations to gain the flexibility necessary to ensure the operation of the digital business
9. IT Web scale. The Information Technology Web scale is a concept that describes the new processes and methods that have implemented major suppliers of cloud services like Google, Facebook or Amazon, for greater agility computing capacity. Analysts warn that to keep pace will be more and more companies begin to adopt architectures, processes and similar practices. Over time the trend will evolve into information technology Web scale and the first step will be when combined in a coordinated manner the development and operations (known by the name of DevOps).
10. Security risk-based and self-protection. Finally, the analysis of the ten technology trends conducted by Gartner concludes that security remains an important element in the evolution into the digital future, which may be an obstacle impeding the process. Until now many companies have recognized that it is not possible to provide a safe environment 100% and as the failure to provide viable solutions security is recognized on a wider scale, the efforts of organizations will focus on finding more sophisticated evaluation methods and risk mitigation.