Northeastern America is beautiful and has, besides its large cities beach and many national parks. Self arrange a vacation is nowadays very easily via the Internet. You can make your own travel and make it as expensive as you want! Here describe a homemade route and you can decide what you think interesting to visit themselves. This tour begins in New York and ends in Washington. Also, this trip a bit by the beautiful Canada.
Northeastern America besides big cities also many national parks and beautiful beaches. In eastern America is 6 hours earlier than in the Europe. In the United States, it is paid to the U.S. dollar. Vaccinations are not required, make sure you properly insured journey. For the entire United States is the spring and autumn the best time.
The flight to New York from the Europe takes about eight hours. The trip takes about six hours. A website of the U.S. government, you have to get to travel. To the United States without a visa approval these are the ESTA form. This form is valid for 2 years and the application fee is $ 14. You must pay this form with a credit card.
Round trip North East America
The route is mostly done by car (in total 1975 km) and passes through a small piece of Canada. You can of course opt for the train or bus. The accommodation for your trip you can book in advance or on the spot, what you find finer! A four-star hotel to a hostel in America can do it all!
We start our tour in New York. Stay here for sure for a few days, because there is plenty to see.
- Top of the Rock: This skyscraper is less crowded and has a beautiful view!
- Times Square. If you stand right in the middle you get the best pictures.
- NY Public Library: And take a look inside.
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral: Especially if you want a break in such a busy city, you gotta go in here.
- Trump Tower: A very tall skyscraper.
- Pier 17: Most beautiful view in the dark.
- Chinatown: Here you can eat!
- Ground Zero: Go also stop by the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
- Brooklyn Bridge: A walk across the bridge is really an experience.
- Central Park: A very large park (341 acres) in the heart of Manhattan.
Transport: By train to Boston. (4 hours by Amtrak). You can also go by car, but then you have to dare to drive in New York.
Boston is the capital of Massachusetts, with many universities, historic buildings and a nice nightlife.
- The Freedom Trail: A 4 km walk along the highlights of the city.
- Harvard University: Let your free tour of one of the students.
- Whale watching: With a 3 hour tour, you can spot humpback and fin whales.
- Peninsula Cape Cod: Cape Cod has very nice beaches.
- Boston Duck Tours: Here you can make trips in converted trucks.
- Museums: Boston Kids Museum, Museum of Science and Museum of African American History
Transport: By car from Boston to New Hampshire: 244 km
White Mountains, New Hampshire
The White Mountains of New Hampshire are definitely worth it. The highest mountain, Mount Washington is 1917 meters high. You can use your own car drive up Mount Washington. In good weather you have a beautiful view from the top.
- Mountain biking
- Sport fishing
- Sport climbing
- Amusement parks
- Wildlife watching
Transport: By car from New Hampshire to Montreal (Canada) l: 361 km
Montreal is also known as the Paris of the North. The inhabitants are predominantly French-speaking Montreal. Montreal has many churches, modern buildings, squares and it’s really nice to go out!
- Sacre Coeur
- (Park) Mount Royal: A mountain to climb for a view.
- St. Joseph Oratory The Village: A “gay” village
Transport: By car from Montreal to Niagara Falls 673 km
A highlight of this trip! Niagara Falls consists of three waterfalls. At the falls are many tourist attractions. The view of the falls is free.
- Rainbow Bridge: From the beautiful Rainbow Bridge, you have a beautiful view of the Niagara Falls.
- Maid of the Mist: If you want to experience the power of Niagara falls or takes a ride on the Maid of Mist boat. The boats almost under the waterfall!
- The Whirlpool: Less known is ‘The Whirlpool’. This is a wide stretch of river for water in Lake Ontario disappears.
By car from Niagara Falls to Finger Lakes (Montour Falls) 203 km
The Finger Lakes is a collective name for a number of lakes north of the U.S. state of New York.
- Letchworth State Park: Grand Canyon of the East “.
- Treman State Park: At the upper entrance is the largest waterfall. You should be able to walk because there are a lot of stairs!
- Buttermilk Falls State Park, this is not such a big park, but again with lots of stairs. You can also swim!
- Watkins Glen State Park: Well known park and well worth it. You have several paths that run through a ravine.
Transport: By car from Finger Lakes (Montour Falls) to Washington DC: 494 miles.
The capital of the U.S. with many attractions.
- Capital Library of Congress Supreme Court.
- National Archives
- Free museums, e.g.: Air and Space and American History
- Memorials: Lincoln, Jefferson Washington Monument.
- White House
- Arlington National Cemetery
- National Cathedral