- ‘Iron Man‘ was the betting favorite at 42-1 and came with an undefeated record of 37 wins and 33 knockouts.
- ‘Buster’ came into contention with a strong emotional charge; his mother had died two weeks before the battle, which motivated him to seek victory at any cost.
- Douglas dominated the match, his boxing was better, until round eight judges took him up on the cards.
- It was in the eighth when the controversy came over the fight. Tyson sent Douglas to the canvas, the Mexican referee Octavio Meyran, slow in making protection account, giving the U.S. more time to recover, the corner of ‘Iron Man’ claimed, but the match continued.
- ‘Buster’ came out unscathed from the fall, the minute air and took off in the tenth assaulted and Tyson managed to surprise the world.
- Douglas Tyson threw a good flurry of blows; the champion fell to unarmed hurt soil received 10 seconds of rigor and lay on the canvas. One of the biggest upsets in sports history had accomplished.
- Douglas’s victory was considered the highlight of the year 1990 for various sports magazines.
- ‘Buster’ Douglas Evander Holyfield faced in his next bout; he lost by knockout in three rounds and let the full title in the hands of his compatriot. In this fight, James earned $ 25 million; he retired from boxing and returned six years later.
- Mike Tyson regained full belt until March 16, 1996 by defeating by TKO in three rounds with Frank Bruno.