Documents you need for the FAFSA

Documents you will need for the FAFSA

Posted On 01 Jan 2015
By :
Tag: Documents you need for the FAFSA

To apply for federal financial aid to study at university you need documents on your income during the year prior to your entry to college, or information on the income of your parents, if you are dependent.

For the year 2015-2016 financial information you need, 2014. Below is a list of documents you need to complete the FAFSA:

1- Social Security Card: It is very important to properly provide will your SSN on the application

2 - Driver’s license, if you have any.

3- If you won money during the 2014 you will need the W-2 IRS forms and documents on your other income.

4 - If you are married, your report of 2014 to the IRS and your wife: - Forms IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ - Report of foreign tax - Report taxes Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Virgin Islands USA, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia and Palau.

5 - Your bank statements.

6 - Information about business, investments, mortgage, agricultural business, stocks, bonds or other investments you may have.

7. If you are not a citizen, your alien registration card or permanent residence.

- If you want to get more done, use the worksheet FAFSA on the Web at

Save all documents in case you need them again. - It is recommended to fill the FAFSA on the Web.

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Directory powered by Business Directory Plugin